Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today will be sunny, with a high near 58. Northwest wind will be between 15 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 35.
2. Wheaton College is having a spring flea market 1 to 5 p.m. today at Cole Memorial Chapel Field. It is hosted by a group of Japanese international students at Wheaton College as part of a fundraising effort to support a student-run Tsunami relief organization called the Youth for 3.11, in Japan. For more information contact Yuri Kamihagi at 8576548568 or email@example.com.
3. Improv Soup, the Un-Common Theatre Co.'s improvisational comedy troupe, will perform 7.30 p.m. at the Burrell School auditorium, 16 Morse St., Foxborough. Tickets are $3 for students and seniors and $5 for adults. For more information visit www.improvsoup.org or call 508-698-3098.
4. The project proposed for Pheeny’s Island continues to draw controversy. Read the latest letter to the editor on Kenneth Leavitt’s attempts to construct the teambuilding camp here.
5. Coming up at noon check out Little Bear, this week’s Feline Friday Friend of the Week at Nine Lives Cat Shelter.