5 Things You Need To Know Today: April 21
Your Patch Facts for the day.
Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Friends of Norton Public Library, 68 E. Main St., Norton, will hold a plant and bake sale 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
2. EPOCH Assisted Living of Norton, 190 Mansfield Ave., will host a Victorian Tea, led by Patricia Perry, history buff who puts on fun, lively and educational performances throughout New England. This event, held at 2:30 p.m., is free and open to the public. For more information or to reserve your seat, call 508-285-3355.
3. Join Jack Lash and Oak Knoll Staff at 947 Park St., Attleboro, as they take an early morning bird stroll 7 to 8:30 a.m. Find as many different species of birds as possible, learn some of the bird calls they make and chat about why species are in the habitat we find them. Cost is $2 for adult members, $3 for adult non-members, $2 for children members and $3 for children non-members. For more information call 508-223-3060.
4. Studies now show that 80 percent of people looking for a new job will find it through networking. Want to learn how to do it the right way? Check out Brian Coughlin’s column starting 9 a.m.
5. Are you a shutterbug? Share your photos with us! Email photos to Kelly.Mello@Patch.com and your pictures will be featured in Viewfinder, our weekly photo album.