5 Things You Need To Know Today: April 18
Your Patch Facts for the day.
Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. April school vacation begins for Norton Public Schools. School will be back in session Monday, April 25.
2. The Junior Golf Program will be held at MGA Links over April vacation April 18 to 21, 8 to 9 a.m. There are limited spots available. Email Pete Walsh to sign up at email@example.com. The cost is $40 for the session.
3. Maplewood Country Day Camp & Enrichment Center, 150 Foundry St, South Easton, will have a vacation program for children in grades kindergarten through eight. Come for the week or pick a few days. The week will include activities such as, rock climbing, boating, fishing, gymnastics, sports, arts and crafts and more. To enroll call 508-238-2387.
4. State offices, which includes municipal offices, like Norton Town Hall, will be closed today, but federal offices will not be. So there will still be mail delivered.
5. Sunday, April 17 marked the opening of Norton’s time capsule. Interestingly enough, we discovered that though the date on the capsule was 1961, newspapers from 1962 were inside. For a video and more on this story, check back later today on Norton Patch.