Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. There is a 30 percent chance of showers today, mainly before 9 a.m. Otherwise, it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 73. West wind will be between 8 and 11 mph. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. Tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 56.
2. A free Iron Yoga class will be offered 8 a.m. Sundays and 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays. at The Martial Arts Connection. Iron Yoga is traditional yoga with a light free weights. For more information call 508-222-0014.
3. Maplewood Day Camp & Enrichment Center, 150 Foundry St., South Easton will host a free open house 10.a.m. to 1 p.m. Parents and kids aged 4 to 14 are invited to learn about Maplewood’s expanded Summer Camp activities and enjoy a day of family fun, including boating, kayaking, moonwalks, arts and crafts, ice cream, face painting, gymnastics, rock climbing and more. The event will also include a free-throw competition to support the DJ Dream Fund, a scholarship fund founded in memory of Danroy Henry, Jr. (DJ) a star athlete at Oliver Ames High School in Easton who died tragically in 2010. Parents will have an opportunity to meet with Maplewood’s owners, staff, and other camp families as well as tour the 30-acre property. For more information or to download a summer camp brochure, visit www.maplewoodyearround.com.
4. Timilty presented EasCare with an official Senate Citation welcoming EasCare to Norton and extending best wishes and continued success. For more information and a photo, tune in at 2 p.m.
5. Looking for a new home in the area? Check out local open houses.