Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today will be sunny, with a high near 72. West wind will be between 5 and 10 mph. Saturday night there is a 50 percent chance of showers, mainly after 11 p.m. There will be increasing clouds, with a low around 48. South wind will be between 5 and 8 mph. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
2. The Norton Democratic Town Committee will meet 10:30 a.m. at the Red Mill Village community Hall at 1 Codding Road, Norton. The agenda will consist of the election of officers, preparation for the state convention and discussion regarding Democratic candidates for the various state and national elections. All registered Democrats and unenrolled voters are invited to attend.
3. College students who dream to be among the almost 150,000 professionals working in the U.S. sports industry are invited to register for the Kraft Sports Group’s Executive Lecture and Sport Management and Entertainment Career Fair today at Gillette Stadium. The event will begin at noon in the Putnam Club West, and will run until 3 p.m. Registration also includes complimentary parking and a ticket to the Revolution match against D.C. United at 4 p.m. at Gillette Stadium. Registration is $35.
4. Town Meeting should have live coverage by local cable if at all possible, said selectmen Thursday, responding to a request for an opinion by Town Moderator Bill Gouveia. For more on this, click here.
5. Coming up this afternoon is information on the annual Wheaton College White Ribbon Campaign baseball game to take place Sunday, April 15 when the No. 6 ranked Lyons host Southern Maine at 1 p.m. at Sidell Stadium.