Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today there is a 20 percent chance of showers after noon. Otherwise, it will be partly sunny, with a high near 61. West wind will be between 6 and 13 mph. Tonight there is a 20 percent chance of showers after 10 p.m. It will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. West wind will be between 3 and 9 mph.
2. Norton Public Library will be participating in Library Snapshot Day, aka SnapMass 2012! SnapMASS highlights "a day in the life of Massachusetts Libraries". Stop by the library today to have your photo taken say how you're using the library. From 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., Teen Volunteer Training will take place. Teenagers who complete a training session are eligible to work as volunteers at the library on a flexible schedule. Participants are asked to register in advance. Lastly, at 7 p.m., a Library Board of Trustees Meeting will take place.
3. The Women's Business Network of SE MA meets the second Tuesday of every month at Harbor One in Mansfield to network and listen to special presentations by three WBN members. Get yourself and your business in front of a approximately 50 women business owners. So come prepared with your 30 second "elevator speech" and bring plenty of business cards, brochures, etc. Cosst is free for members and $10 for guests. To see who will be presenting visit http://www.wbnsema.org/calendar.html.
4. Keep tabs on what’s for lunch at Norton Public Schools on Norton Patch. This month’s menus are located here.
5. On Wednesday, April 11, the editors of Norton Patch, Easton Patch, and Mansfield Patch will hold Patch Academy at Ames Free Library, 53 Main St., North Easton. Read more about this here.