5 Things Oct. 9: YMCA Legends Golf Classic, Coronary Care Course and More
Your Patch Facts for the day.
Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Hockomock area YMCA Legends Golf Classic
The third annual Hockomock area YMCA Legends Golf Classic tournament will be held at TPC Boston. Registration is 11 a.m. with a noon shotgun start and 5:30 p.m. dinner and auction. The Hockomock area YMCA uses all proceeds to provide opportunity for children with special needs to participate in YMCA programs alongside typically developed children. Many legends come to show their support for this great cause. Some legends in attendance this year will be Zoltan Mesko and Nate Solder of the New England Patriots, former New England Patriot Joe Andruzzi , Ironman triathlete Dick Hoyt, and former Red Sox pitchers and recently acclaimed 100th Anniversary All-Fenway Park team members Luis Tiant and Bill Lee.
2. Book fair volunteers wanted
L. G. Nourse Elementary School Parent Teacher Association are looking for book fair volunteers this Thursday and Friday. If you can help email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Coronary Care Course registration
Sturdy Memorial Hospital’s Nursing Education Department is currently accepting registrations for a Coronary Care Course at the hospital. This course is a six-week program offered in two sessions, and is available to those who have already taken the Basic Arrhythmia Course. The program runs on Oct. 9, 16, 23, 30, Nov. 6 and 13. Participants can choose to attend session A, which runs from 12:15 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. or session B, which runs from 3:45 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. Topics to be covered include: Cardiac Anatomy & Physiology, EKG Interpretation, Myocardial Infarction, Heart Failure/Advanced Dysrhythmias, Pacemakers, Workshop and Exam. Upon completion of the entire course, 15.0 contact hours will be awarded and 3 contact hours will be awarded for each session. There is a $125 fee for the program or $30 per session.
4. Post your announcement on Patch
Have an announcement? Why wait to have us post it? To post an announcement, follow these instructions:
- Go to Norton Patch -- and create an account by clicking here. If you already have an account, login.
- Hover over News tab and click Announcements. From there click Add an Announcement.
- Make sure to add the photos where it says "Choose file to upload." A great photo means I'm more likely to bring it to a prominent spot on the homepage for more eyes to see!
- Once you click "Post My Announcement" at the bottom, you will come to the page that features your announcement. Email the URL to Norton@Patch.com and it will be featured on the homepage.
5. High near 59, low around 38
There is a 60 percent chance of showers, mainly before 10 a.m. along with patchy fog. Otherwise, it will be cloudy, with a high near 58. Northeast wind will be 7 to 10 mph. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. Tonight there is a 40 percent chance of rain, mainly before 1 a.m. with patchy fog. The rest of the night will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. North wind will be 6 to 8 mph. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.