5 Things Nov. 27: Locals' Night, Extra Value Meals and More
Your Patch Facts for the day.
Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Norton Locals’ Night at 5 Wits
Tuesday is Locals' Night for Norton residents at 5 Wits, 202 Patriot Pl, Foxborough. Show up after 5 p.m. with an ID, be it junk mail, school report card, little league jersey or driver's license and you will be admitted for the kid’s price of $14.
2. 5 Extra Value Meals Under $5 at McDonalds
McDonald’s announces even more value offerings with the addition of the new 5 Extra Value Meals Under $5 menu. McDonald’s offers customers the Big Mac, Filet-O-Fish, Quarter Pounder with cheese, 10-piece chicken McNuggets and two cheeseburgers alongside fries and a soft drink.
3. Breathing Club support group
Sturdy Memorial Hospital will offer the Breathing Club support group 1 to 3 p.m. in the auditorium. This group is free and open to the public. For more information call the Respiratory Care Department at 508-236-7550.
4. Ice dam prevention
Amica Insurance shared the following tips to help prevent ice dams and the expensive damage they can cause.
- Clean debris from gutters and drains to allow for proper drainage.
- Make sure the ceiling is airtight, so warm, moist air doesn’t flow into the attic space.
- Increase ceiling and roof insulation to minimize the amount of heat that rises into the attic.
- Use weather-stripping around entryways to the attic, and seal around attic ducts, light fixtures, chimneys and fans to prevent heat from melting snow.
For more information visit www.disastersafety.org.
5. High near 40, low around 25
Today there is a 50 percent chance of snow before noon, then a chance of rain between noon and 5 p.m., then a chance of a mix after 5 p.m. It will be cloudy, with a high near 40 with light and variable wind. Little or no snow accumulation is expected. Tonight there is a 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 9 p.m. It will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 25 with light north wind.