5 Things Nov. 10: Christmas on the Corner, Acting Workshop and More
Your Patch Facts for the day.
Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Friends of Norton Public Library fall book sale
Today is the last day of the Friends of Norton Public Library fall book sale. Hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Fill a bag for $3. Annual Memberships may be purchased at the sale:
Life Membership $100
Corporate Sponsor $300+
2. Olde New England Christmas on the Corner
Centenary United Methodist Church hosts Olde New England Christmas on the Corner 8:30 a.m. to 3 pm, at Centenary, 15 Sanford St., Attleboro. The craft fair and silent auction will offer collectible and antique items, crafts, sports memorabilia, gift certificates and more. This year you can pay the “Buy-It-Now” price for immediate purchase, or bid on your favorite items. Baked goods also available. Mr. & Mrs. Santa Claus will be there for pictures. For more information or reservations call 508 222-1759.
3. Acting workshop
Boston Casting with Los Angeles actor Daniel Roebuck will hold a workshop for kids, teenagers and adults Nov. 10 and 11. The workshops will be held at Boston Casting, 129 Braintree St., Allston. During the four-hour class, Roebuck will address quick memorization, improvisation, altering yourself to fit the character and understanding what clients are looking for. Registration is $129. To register visit www.mediaperformanceinstitute.com or contact Brittany Shapiro at 617-254-1001, extension 4.
Participants should choose from one of the following dates and times:
Saturday, Nov. 10
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Kids and teens ages 8 to 17
2:30 to 6:30 p.m.: Adults 18 +
Sunday, Nov. 11
10:00 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Adults 18+
2:30 to 6:30 p.m.: Kids and teens ages 8 to 17
4. Summer reading video contest
Create a video promoting Summer Reading at the public library, including your interpretation of the 2013 CSLP teen slogan "Beneath the Surface," and you could win $275 and a $125 award for your library. Any teenager age 13 to 18 can enter the challenge. Videos can be created individually or as a team. Each participating CSLP member state will select one winner.
1. Get the Entry Form for participating states here. Read all instructions provided on the entry form and read the Rules.
2. Create a 30 to 90 second video that encourages teens to read and use libraries this summer. Include your interpretation of the 2013 CSLP teen slogan "Beneath the Surface."
3. Explore the "Resource for video creation" page for additional ideas and information.
4. Entitle your video: "2013 TVC- State Abbreviation-Unique Name." Please choose a unique name that does not include your real name (example: 2013 TVC-TX- Kyrpton123).
5. Upload your video to YouTube
6. Fill out your Entry Form and Model Release form(s) completely.
7. Submit the forms. Refer to your Entry Form for the address and deadline for your State.
5. High near 53, low around 38
There is a 20 percent chance of showers after 4 p.m. Otherwise, it will be partly sunny, with a high near 53. Northwest wind will be around 6 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Tonight there is also a 20 percent chance of showers before 9 p.m. It will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 38 and light south wind.