5 Things March 14: Birthing a Nation, Villages of Norton and More
Your Patch Facts for the day.
Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Birthing a Nation, 1760-1783
Just in time for Women's History Month, Linda Myer will perform her historical reenactment as First Lady Abigail Adams 10:30 a.m. at Norton Public Library. Ms. Myer has extensively researched the life of Abigail Adams, especially studying her correspondence for insight into the wife, mother, and patriot. "Birthing a Nation, 1760-1783" gives the audience a first-hand account of Abigail Adams's life during an extraordinary period in history, touching on Adams’s experiences during the Boston Massacre, Tea Party, Declaration of Independence and more.
2. Villages of Norton presentation
EPOCH Assisted Living of Norton will welcome Norton Historical Society for a presentation on the villages of Norton at 2 p.m. This event is perfect for all who take pride in their community and are interested in its roots. This event is free and open to the public. For more information or to R.S.V.P. call 508-285-3355.
3. “Winter’s Wind” showing
A showing of “Winter’s Wind” will take place 7 and 9 p.m. at Showcase Cinemas de Lux, 24 Patriot Place, Foxborough. Winter’s Wind is the story of one man’s journey from protege to Guru/Mentor/Legend, played by the real legends of big mountain skiing - past, present and future. This film was shot on 16mm film and HD video. Tickets are $12 and are redeemable for a free Blue Hills Ski Lift ticket when you purchase another lift ticket. Buy them online at www.tixbeast.com.
4. Questions to ask before filing your taxes
With a little more than a month remaining before the deadline for filing federal and state taxes, Citizens Bank is encouraging small business owners to ask themselves a series of questions as they prepare for the April 15 deadline:
- Is my company organized and prepared to file our tax returns?
- Have we carefully considered all appropriate small business tax deductions for 2012?
- Has my company made any investments in equipment that might be tax deductible?
- Have we documented and verified any charitable contributions made by our company in 2012?
- Are we doing all we can to collect on past-due accounts?
- Is it time to review my business plan?
- Have I met with my accountant and banker to review 2012 and plan for 2013?
5. High near 41, low around 20
Today will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Northwest wind will be 6 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Northwest wind will be around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.