Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today will be sunny, with a high near 81. Tonight will be mostly clear with a low around 60.
2. Trinitarian Congregational Church, E. Main St., host open choir rehearsals 7:30 p.m. Rehearsals are open to high school youths and adults.
3. Jack Lash will hold an all day birding event 6:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. starting from 1417 Park St., Attleboro. Cost is $46. Site stops include Ellisville State Park in South Plymouth, Nelson Street beach in North Plymouth, Jenney Pond for nesting Night herons, then north to Daniel Webster Audubon Sanctuary and Wompatuck State park. There will also be an ice cream stop on the way home. Bring bug spray, lunch and boots. For more information or to register call 508-223-3060 or visit the Oak Knoll website.
4. Nine Norton residents are participating in the 33rd annual Pan-Massachusetts Challenge this year. Read why Bryan Medeiros is riding at noon.
5. Help us get 900 fans on Facebook and Twitter! Spread the word about Norton Patch to fellow Nortonites. Get the latest news updates, see extra photos and network with your neighbors.