Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today will be sunny, with a high near 88. Light west wind will become northwest 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Tonight will be mostly clear with a low around 64. There will be a light south wind.
2. Performer, singer and multi-instrumentalist Al Gould will return to EPOCH Senior Healthcare of Norton on Tuesday, July 3 at 6 p.m. for a musical performance. EPOCH is located at 184 Mansfield Ave. All are invited to attend this free performance. Space is limited and a reservation is requested. For more information or to R.S.V.P., call 508-285-7745.
3. Patriot Place has scheduled a full lineup of free family activities surrounding the Harvard Pilgrim Finish at the 50, a 5K and 10K road race at Patriot Place on July 3. The events will build up to a fireworks spectacular above Patriot Place at 9 p.m. that is free and open to the public and will be accompanied by a musical score broadcast by Dean College Radio. For parking information click the attached PDF.
4. There are only a few more days to nominate your favorite businesses in our Best of Norton Readers’ Choice. Which businesses do you think should be recognized for excellence?
5. Coming up at 9 a.m. is the latest installment of the Norton Police Department log.