Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. There is a 30 percent chance of showers today, mainly after 3 p.m. Otherwise, it will be partly sunny, with a high near 83. There is a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms tonight. It will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 68.
2. Your Norton Patch editor, Kelly A. Mello, will be on vacation until Sunday, July 29. Got a news tip? Email Norton@Patch.com. Have a story you’d like to promote? Add it to our Announcements section, email the URL to Norton@Patch.com and it will be featured on the Norton Patch Homepage.
3. Norton Kayak and Parks and Rec will hold a Mom's Paddle at 5:30 p.m. Cost is $55 per paddler and includes kayak, paddle and life vest rental. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit www.nortonkayakco.com or find them on Facebook.
4. Mass Audubon’s Moose Hill Wildlife Gallery, 293 Moose Hill St., Sharon, will present a new exhibit “Cutting Edge Nature: Fusions of Flight and Foliage” through Sept. 4. Denise Marks and Tripti Thomas reveal and transform their appreciation of the natural world around us through their mixed media, collage and intricate cut paper artwork. The Gallery is open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. For more information visit www.massaudubon.org or call 781-784-5691.
5. The Tri-Town Chamber of Commerce is gearing up for their Buy Local - Back to School campaign. Kids ages 10 to 17 are asked to submit their favorite summer memories. Winners will receive a back to school package. Keep an eye out for more information on Norton Patch.