Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today will be sunny, with a high near 80. East wind will be 3 to 8 mph. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 56. Southeast wind will be around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
2. A PanMass fundraising cookout will be held 2 p.m. at 15 Richmond Drive, Norton. Food and drinks will be provided along with raffle prizes donated by McMahon's Countryside Grille, Chartley's country store,
Chardonnay's Restaurant, The Produce Barn, Yankee Candle, Samuel Adams and more. RSVP is appreciated; email Mike Haskell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Money raised by this event will go to the Jimmy Fund and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Donations are tax deductible and may be made online at https://www.pmc.org/egifts/MH0272. If you prefer to write a check, you can make it out to the PMC, and mail them to the address above.
3. A yard sale will be held 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Godfrey Auto Inc., 612 Washington St., Easton to help raise more than $5,000 for Peripheral Nerve Sheath Sarcoma research at Children’s Hospital Boston. This event, organized by Samantha Godfrey, is in honor of her boyfriend Mark Rogers who currently suffers from this rare cancerous disease. He has had his surgeries and treatments at Children’s Hospital and the duo would like to give back. During the event there will be food and baked goods for sale. There will also be activities for children of all ages. At 2 p.m. a drawing will be held and winners will receive a basket of their choice.
4. Nine Lives is open today, so stop by 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and meet Mr. Snuggles and the rest of the Nine Lives residents.
5. Need to catch up on what happened this week in surrounding communities? Check out our region roundup later today.