Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Patchy fog is expected today before 7 a.m. Otherwise, it will be partly sunny, with a high near 86. North wind will be 5 to 8 mph. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 59.
2. Wheaton College professor of astronomy, Tim Barker, will visit Norton Public Library 10:30 a.m. to talk about what is currently visible in the evening sky and also discuss telescopes that can be used to observe it. Guests are invited to bring their own telescopes to this adult program.
3. The Norton Democratic Town Committee will hold its next meeting at 6:30 p.m. tonight at the Red Mill Village Meeting House, 1 Codding Way. Following the business meeting at about 7:30 p.m., meet with representatives of the Elizabeth Warren campaign. Those interested in assisting with Elizabeth Warren’s election bid are encouraged to attend. All Norton registered Democrats and Independents are welcome to attend both meetings.
4. The Un-Common Theatre Young Adult Company’s presentation of “The Who’s Tommy” will run through Sunday, July, 22 at the Orpheum Theatre, 1 School St., Foxborough. Performances are Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 7:30 pm and Sunday, 2 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $17 for adults and $12 for seniors and students and may be purchased by calling 800-838-3006 or at www.brownpapertickets.com. Tickets purchased at the door are $20 for adults and $15 for seniors and students. For Un-Common members, group sales or handicapped seating call 508-698-3098.
5. In less than two weeks, the steel beams framing the new addition at Norton High School are in place. Check out this video and photo gallery of the unofficial topping-out ceremony.