Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today there will be patchy fog before 8 a.m. Otherwise, it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 92. Northwest wind will be around 7 mph. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 69. Calm wind is expected.
2. School counselors will be available for students at Henri A. Yelle Elementary School from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. to help children cope with the passing of 12-year-old student Angel Pina.
3. New Horizon Health and Wellness, 38 Vanderbilt Ave., Norwood, will be holding a free health seminar on the medical side of weight loss at 7 p.m. To register call 781-269-5400.
4. Troop H of the Massachusetts State Police and the department's Collision Analysis and Reconstruction Section are "investigating whether a tread failure on the right rear tire" may have caused the single car Route 24 rollover late Thursday afternoon, which took the life of a 12-year-old Norton girl and injured two other Norton women, according to David Procopio, spokesperson for the MSP. Learn more about the accident here.
5. The Brockton Rox have had mixed results lately. Read a recap of their last few games at 2 p.m.