Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today there is a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after noon. Expect increasing clouds, with a high near 87. Light southwest wind will increase to 5 to 9 mph in the morning. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. Tonight there is a 40 percent of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 3 a.m. Patchy fog is expected after midnight. Otherwise, it will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 68. West wind will be 5 to 7 mph. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
2. The Massachusetts Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (MACCE) recently introduced the Chamber Health Coop, a group purchasing program that makes health insurance more affordable for businesses with 1 to 50 full-time employees. Any small business that belongs to one of the more than 60 participating chambers of commerce and other business associations is eligible to join the Chamber Health Coop. The Tri-Town and United Regional Chambers of Commerce are among this first wave of organizations to make the program available to its members. For more information visit www.ChamberHealthCoop.com or contact your certified insurance.
3. Miss our live chat with Elizabeth Warren? Check out the recap here.
4. Looking for a new home? Check out our weekly feature House Hunt, a list of open houses in the area.
5. Help us get 900 fans on Facebook and Twitter! Spread the word about Norton Patch to fellow Nortonites. Get the latest news updates, see extra photos and network with your neighbors.