5 Things Jan. 8: Line Dancing Lessons, Jorene Lange Performance and More
Your Patch Facts for the day.
Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Line dancing lesson
McMahon’s Countryside Grille will have a line dancing lesson at 6:30 p.m. Classes from a dance instructor are $6.
2. Jorene Lange birthday performance
EPOCH Senior Healthcare of Norton will welcome country singer Jorene Lange at 1:30 p.m. Lange’s performance will be part of a birthday celebration for all residents born in January. This performance is free and open to the public. For more information or to R.S.V.P., call 508-285-7745.
3. Breastfeeding Support Group
Sturdy Memorial Hospital offers a Breastfeeding Support Groups 10 to 11:30 a.m. in the Clinical Education Center. The group is free and open to the public. For more information, call 508-236-7151.
4. AT&T’s offers tips to avoid getting sick from your cell
- Don’t share your cell phone unless it’s an emergency. This rule is especially important for teens who tend to pass phones around or parents who let their toddlers play with their phones.
- Wash your hands frequently. Don’t rush.
- Follow your phone manufacturer’s instructions and clean your cell frequently. Example: http://www.apple.com/iphone/how-to/index.html#basics.cleaning-iphone
- Try using a hands-free headset, minimizing your keypad-to-face exposure.
- Don’t use your phone in a restroom.
Today will be sunny, with a high near 46. Southwest wind will be 5 to 10 mph. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 26. Southwest wind will be around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.