5 Things Feb. 3: Super Bowl Edition
Your Patch Facts for the day.
Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Heading into the game, the 49ers are 5-0 in Super Bowls and the Ravens are 1-0 in Super Bowls. Super Bowl XLVII is the first time in professional sports history that siblings will play each other. John Harbaugh coaches the Ravens and Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49ers, according to SB Nation.
2. Running late to a party and don’t want to miss the action? Download ScoreMobile and track the Super Bowl. Receive customizable mobile alerts when the score changes, when teams enter the red zone or when a quarter ends. You can alsoview statistics, injury information, play-by-play and more.
3. Haven’t really followed the NFL this season, but don’t want to be out of the loop at your friends’ Super Bowl party? Brush up on the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers before the big game bydownloading their official apps to learn about the players and coaches and their roads to the Super Bowl.
4. If football isn’t your thing, but the Super Bowl commercials are, brush up on the 25 best Super Bowl commercials of all time with this YouTube video and immediately rank how this year’s ads stack up. This year, a 30-second commercial costs $4 million, up from 3.5 million last year and $42,000 in 1967, according to Time.
5. High near 33, low around 19
Today there is a 60 percent chance of snow, mainly after noon. There will be patchy fog before 9 a.m. Otherwise, it will be cloudy, with a high near 34. Northeast wind will be 3 to 8 mph. Tonight there is a 60 percent chance of snow, mainly before 10 p.m. There will be patchy fog after 8 p.m. Otherwise, it will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. North wind will be 5 to 11 mph becoming west after midnight.