5 Things Feb. 21: Banjo Ragtimers, Engineering and Design and More
Your Patch Facts for the day.
Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Banjo Ragtimers
Come to Norton Public Library and enjoy the Banjo Ragtimers, Paul Gookin and Jim “Mr. Banjo” Haas, return with old time musical entertainment featuring banjos, sax, clarinet, washboard and drums. This year, they will also have Bill Kass on the tuba. This event, which will include audience participation, starts 10:30 a.m. in the community room.
McMahon’s Countryside Grille will host karaoke 8 p.m. to midnight. There is no cover charge.
3. Engineering and design at Oak Knoll
Calling all builders! Can you design and make a free standing structure taller than yourself? Join Oak Knoll at 1417 Park St., Attleboro at 1 p.m. and explore the world of engineering and design using recycled materials and ingenuity. This is a hands-on class. Dress in clothes that can get messy. Cost is $15.
4. National Do Not Call Registry scam
Scammers have been making phone calls posing as representatives of the National Do Not Call Registry. The calls claim to provide an opportunity to sign up for the registry or ask consumers to verify their info. Callers are really trying to solicit personal information, which opens victims up to identity fraud.
How to Protect Yourself from Scam Calls:
- Don't share your personal information if someone calls you claiming to represent the National Do Not Call Registry or even the FTC itself.
- Do not call the scammers back.
- Remember that your participation in the National Do Not Call Registry does not expire.
- If you want to add your number to the Do Not Call Registry, go to Donotcall.gov or call 888-382-1222 from the phone you wish to register. If you want to verify your number, use this feature on the registry's website.
Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 32. West wind will be 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 22. Northwest wind will be 8 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph.