5 Things Dec. 11: Norton Pride Apparel, Trivia Tyme and More
Your Patch Facts for the day.
Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Norton Pride Apparel
Norton Parks and Recreation is working with Hatrick Sportswear to bring you the latest Norton town pride Apparel. Visit www.nortonparksandrec.com and click "Get your Norton Pride Apparel now at Hatrick Sportswear." If you want something that is not on their website, send them an email and they will work directly with you. A percentage of sales will be donated directly back to the Norton Parks and Recreation Department so they can continue to offer quality programs and community events at affordable prices.
2. Trivia Tyme
Every Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. Trinity Bar & Restaurant hosts Trivia Tyme. Teams of up to six can compete for prizes of cash and gift certificates. Check out Trinity's website for more information.
3. Breastfeeding Support Group
Sturdy Memorial Hospital will offer a Breastfeeding Support Group 10 to 11:30 a.m. in the Clinical Education Center. The groups are free and open to the public. For more information, call Nursing Administration at 508-236-7151.
4. Tips to avoid cyber fraud
Amica Insurance shares the following tips from the FBI to help prevent cyber fraud from happening this holiday season:
- Don’t respond to unsolicited emails, also known as “spam.”
- Be wary of files attached to emails, as they may contain viruses.
- If asked to act quickly or respond to an emergency through email, it may be a scam.
- Avoid filling out forms in emails that ask for personal information.
- If a business or financial institution does request personal information, make sure the request is valid before responding.
Today will be mostly cloudy through mid morning, then gradually will become clear, with a high near 49. West wind will be 8 to 11 mph. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 26. Northwest wind will be around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.