Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 93. Southwest wind will be 3 to 8 mph. Tonight there is a 30 percent chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 9 p.m. There will be patchy fog after 1 a.m. Otherwise, it will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. South wind will be around 5 mph.
2. Norton Public Library will host movie night with “Friday Night Lights” 10:30 a.m. Based on H.G. Bissinger's book, which profiled the economically depressed town of Odessa, Texas and their heroic high school football team, The Permian High Panthers. This movie is rated PG-13 and is 117 minutes.
3. The United Regional Chamber of Commerce will host an Executive Express-O meeting 8 a.m. to 8:55 a.m. at The United Regional Chamber office, 42 Union St., Attleboro. Executive Express-O is a free monthly program designed to help business leaders overcome the obstacles they face to grow their businesses faster and more profitably. This month’s topic is Why Do You Expect Clients to Choose You Over the Alternatives? RSVP to Charlie Miller at 508-958-3681.
4. Which Norton Public School principal was born in England and loves the show “Big Bang Theory?” Tune in at noon to find out in the first edition of Principal Profiles.
5. In April, 10-year-old Brandon Morabito endured booing as he made the sixth round NFL draft pick for the New England Patriots. His great attitude paid off, however, as he got to meet rookie Nate Ebner at training camp.